Tuesday 18 November 2014

Diary of David (EPISODE TWO)

Jane and her friends drew closer to the farm I was shaking like leaf that wanted to fall from mango tree. Should I just let her see me like this anything the babe wan think make she think joor. Another thought said; "guy you cannot just fall your hand like this" trust me na warri boys no dey carry last. I quickly dashed to one of the shaky structures in the farm and climbed the roof. This was were the tools were kept. The next thing I knew jane headed for that exact farm house I was on. "Am sure that useless agric teacher has sent her on an errand again. I didn't understand why he was so fond of her. She was beautiful so who wouldn't be fond of her anyway?. I started hearing creaks and cracking sounds from the rusted zinc I was on. Before I could say jack Robinson "CRAAAAKAPOOOsHHHHH!!!" The worse thing that could happen to me that very moment actually happened. I crashed straight down through the roof and landed on one of the girls I knew I fell on somebody but I was in too much pain to even find out who it was because I couldn't careless at that time"AAAAHHH my leg oohh!!!" I shrieked in pain. It was Like my leg was broken in half I expected people to gather around and take me to the health centre at least in that way I wouldn't have to work for the rest of that day" EEEWWWOOO jane is dead o, David has killed jane oo" one of the girls shouted.as soon as I heard jane my ears stood like that of a dog that hears the masters call"eh? Could it really be jane I fell on?"
I turned slowly to look at the person on the floor, there she was; jane lying lifeless on the floor, at that instant all the pain in my body flew away. I quickly stood up and carried jane in my arms, up till today I can't explain how I suddenly stopped feeling pain that day, love indeed is very powerful. I carried her in my arms like how a groom would carry his bride on their wedding day as I ran out of the farm towards the health centre "he has killed her ooh" "he will go to jail " these were some of the voices I heard behind me as I ran as fast as I could. I thought I'll be the one to be carried to the health centre but this was the direct opposite. It didn't matter anymore so long as she was in my arms even almost lifeless still made me feel really good; how I wish this was actually our wedding day "come on put her down on this bed over here" the nurse said looking very surprised. "Nurse is she going to be okay, please tell me she would be fine. Different words poured out of my mouth at the same time. "Everybody please step outside let me attend to the patient. All the people around had followed me into the health centre but they all left at the command of the nurse. I was now the only person left of them inside the room I wasn't ready to lett jane out of my sight "young man you too, please leave" the nurse addressed me but with a higher tone this time. I reluctantly left the room because being there isn't gonna do jane any good. I was now outside pacing from right to left panicking like a man whose wife was in delivery; it was just like in the movies" oh God if jane dies everybody will blame me. What will I tell her parents, I might even go to jail oh God please help me...no no don't help me I don't need help, its jane who needs help, she must not die"I kept on panicking my heartbeat increased rapidly by the second, suddenly i felt someone with really smooth and soft tender skin wrap her hands around me and held me tightly to her self. It took me some seconds to realise it was folake without having a glimpse of her face, I laid my head on her shoulders, her body was so soft that I could compare it to a fresh loaf of bread that just came out of the oven "its alright everything would be okay jane wouldn't die" folake whispered in my ears. The words of encouragement from folake didn't do me much good, instead it ignited the tension in me, my eyes were getting red and I was ready to cry my life out if anything happened to jane.
While I was still trying to acclimatise to my new comfort zone, I heard a very loud and scary voice behind me that really got me annoyed. "DAAAVIID" tolu screamed my name with all his might, he was the so called bully of my set, he had a very big and masculine frame that any one would be scared of. He had a very bad criminal record in our school having beaten up several students and even teachers to stupor. The principal could not expel him because his parents were rich and anytime he misbehaved the principal would use that as an avenue to collect bribe from his parents and the case would disappear into thin air, I didn't blame him though with his kind of salary I would have done worse if I were in his shoes.
Tolu was practically fearless, I heard rumours that he also liked jane but she turned him down anytime he popped the question, but it wasn't a rumour to me anymore, he must really like her and that must be the reason why he is so angry. Yes this was the person who screamed my name like I was the cause of all his life's misfortune, he was standing right behind me growling like a raging bull ready to devour its prey. I turned around maintaining my eye level that this wasn't face-to-face, this was face-to-chest. I stared at his chest with so much conpemt, I had to tilt my head 45 degrees up in order to look at his horrifying face "what do you want" I queried "so you're the one that killed jane eh?, you're the bastard that killed my babe eh?" He said almost punching me. "Are you mad? Who dash you babe" I almost said. "I didn't kill anybody it was just an accident so please leave me alone" I tried to shake him off. "If I ever see you near jane again I am going to kill you with my own bare hands" he tried to scare me but that only got me angrier "you can't do anything you good for nothing he-goat" at this moment I was ready for any thing "what did you just call me?" Even a blind man could see that this monster was hungry. He shoved me really hard that I flew back and hit folake, I staggered but did not fall, I had to prove that I can't just be trampled on like that, without thinking I involuntarily shoved him back but I was the one who did most of the moving back, he was as firm as the great wall of china. Oh God what did I just do.
I thought all after all that has happened. Within the last 3 hours today couldn't get any worse.well I was wrong that day got even worse than I imagined, before I knew what was happening he landed four hot punches on my face really fast. It was like the combo of yoshimitsu in tekken 5. I was amazed at such speed and agility he had in him. All I could now see were stars upon stars revolving round my head like the solar system. He wasn't done with me, he picked me up like a log of wood and slammed me on the hard pavement of the building, my mind went blank, dead silence in my head, blurred vision and blood gushing out of my mouth. Tolu walked away victorious he would definitely get away with this like how he always does with his numerous scandals "tolu you have won this one, this is just a battle not the war, I'll get you tolu, I'll ge-e-e-e-t you-u-u-u" I said with a very shaky voice. I was weak and couldn't move a muscle. My eyes gradually went dim like a patient that was given sleeping pills. It was like I was falling into a deep sleep....or is this what death felt like??.....
TO BE CONTINUED....

No comments:

Post a Comment