Sunday 14 December 2014

DIARY OF DAVID (EPISODE SEVEN)

I decided to give up and face Mr Nnamdi ready to receive my share of his slap when Richard suddenly cuts in "sir David gave me his note yesterday, I had to complete mine" Richard stretched a note I honestly have never seen in my life towards Mr Nnamdi "so how come he didn't remember he gave you Mr Nnamdi asked with a sceptical look "he obviously has forgotten" Richard said giving Mr Nnamdi a weak smile. I was speechless and stared at the nollywood scene before me. "Hmmm........ Hmmm....... Hmmm" Mr Nnamdi moaned and nodded with satisfaction as he marked the note "that's a good one David. Keep it up" Mr Nnamdi said and flung the note on my desk. I stared at Richard with my mouth wide open even a blind man could see I was dumbfounded. I sat down slowly without taking my gaze off Richard "what just happened?" I asked with a stunned look "I just saved your Bottom" Richard said "now can I get my book back?" He added "thanks men" I said with a big grin. I returned his note and we burst into uniform laughter celebrating our victory over Mr Nnamdi. After school hours. I increased my pace to catch up with Folake who was walking faster than usual. "Ah Folake kilode na? Why are you so much in a hurry" Folake gave me the 'talk to the hands' sign facing me with her palms. I understood why she was angry "hey Folake I hope you are not still angry about what happened back in the class, you know it wasn't my fault. I sincerely wanted to be with you and you know it" I tried to plead with folake but she seemed to be paying a deaf ear "why don't you tell that to your girlfriend" she turned to me and angrily said. She hissed and walked even faster away from me and I had to let her go. I partially liked the spec of jealousy Folake showed concerning me. It made me feel I was important but I knew what jealousy made people do so I had to keep this one under check so it wouldn't get out of hand. I joyfully walked home that day humming and singing songs of victory and good life. At intervals I stopped walking to demonstrate one or two latest dancing skills I recently saw on TV. It was the perfect frame of mind I needed to be in for one of my numerous long weekends. The next day which was a Saturday I woke up very early and did all the chores in the house including the unnecessary ones like cleaning under the TV set. I was simply overjoyed, everyone was perplexed at my sudden change in mood. BANG! BANG!! BANG!!!. I sprang up from my thick mouka foam with utmost disgust at the disrespective bang on my door "come who is that person that wants to break my door na?" I yelled at the unanimous creature on the other side of the door. "Brother person dey find you o" adaobi said with her usual tiny voice "the person nor get name abi you dey mad ni?" I cut in trying to sit upright. Adaobi thought for a while and finally responded "em .....em she say her name na Janet". "What? Jane is here?" I said and sprang to my feet. For a while turned my head simultaneously around the room looking for nothing in particular. "Okay just tell her to wait in the sitting room" I finally broke into words. My multi-task brain for the first time was buffering, what most Nigerians would call 'GO SLOW' of thoughts. "Bathroom......yes bathroom" I finally decided. I picked up my towel and unbuttoned my trouser quickly, using my legs to match the trouser continuously till it finally came off. I rushed into the bathroom and took a very swift bath. Jumped out and wore my whitest shirt with my new knickers I bought for Richards birthday party. I got to the sitting room and saw Jane sitting on my favourite sofa. I took a breathless second to admire God's best creation. She wore a 9-inch luis vuiton designer heel which was in uniform with her hand bag and a tiny piece of cloth she used to beautify her Peruvian hair. She had a gold necklace with a pendant in the shape of 'J' which obviously stood for Jane, her skin was so radiant and smooth that I couldn't help but sigh in admiration. "Hello David" she said with her beautiful smile which made her white teeth conspicuous. I couldn't reply as I was lost in lust. I maintained my gaze on her not uttering a word. "What? Don't I look good enough?. Why that stare" she added. "No no you look dazzling, too dazzling" I said. "Wow.... Thanks" she said while adjusting uneasily. "Come on" she said as she tapped the little space on the sofa beside her "come and sit" I moved and sat looking very shy "why are you here?" I asked with a stern look. "For the biology project of cause. What else do you have in mind? Or except you are thinking what am thinking." She drew closer to me biting her lower lip and staring deep into my eyes. I leaned towards her and I could feel her breath, my eyes slowly went dim as we drew to each other and the distance between us shortened. SNAP SNAP SNAP........ An old fist snapped its fingers in my face which bolted me back to reality. I startled with shock on the ramshackle plastic chair on which I sat. It was one of my numerous pointless fantasies again. I held my eyes tightly and recovered I was still in my happy weekend. I looked around me and noticed everyone was on their feet with a hymn book in hand. "Young man what are thinking of? You shouldn't be day dreaming in church" said the man who snapped his fingers in my face. "Come on time to take the hymn" he added. I stared up at the old looking man with so much scorn who had no idea of what he just interrupted. I slowly rose to my feet and gave him a weak smile. After church service I slowly walked out of the gigantic hall with my heads downs, counting my thoughts one at a time, funny how things can seem to be going perfectly not knowing you are just a snap from the direct opposite. I got to the road side and boarded a bus, I sat beside a couple who obviously weren't coming from church, they held each other tightly and touched each other mannerlessly, doing stuff that was meant for the private. I glanced at them once in a while so I could keep track of their level of coitus. Some people murmured at the shameless act the couple depicted but it seemed they couldn't careless. We got to my bus stop and I happily hopped down from the bus. Richards house was just a stones throw from mine. I wasn't in the mood to go home because Sundays was the only day I had to visit my friends. I stood at the junction ruminating on the decision to make "if I reach house now, na work dem go use baptise me today" I thought aloud. Without further gnashing of teeth I computed a lie to save my soul and headed for Richards house. The inviting smell of Mrs akindele's jollof rice was the first to welcome me. I sniffed it in with so much appreciation and nodded my head in accordance. 'RING RING' I buzzed the door bell. "Am coming" a female voice yelled in distance. The door flung open and it was damilola that opened it. Richards twin sister. She obviously was one of the most beautiful girls I have ever seen, she possessed deep brown eyes and she beautified it with artificial eye lashes, her dimples went along with her wide smile that could light up your dampened day. She wore a short spaghetti top which exposed majority of her cleavage and her stomach along with a blue Jean bumshot, her light smooth skin and her 'Kim kardashian' backside did not make things any easier as it only took strong men to pass her without turning back. "Hey David what a surprise" she said welcoming me with a bright smile "come in" she added. Is Richard home?" I asked. "Yes he just got back from church, he is in his room". "Ok thanks" I knew my way around the house and needed no orientation. I dashed upstairs to Richards room and knocked on the door with a specific rhythm "its open" Richard yelled. I entered the room and saw him engrossed in his new game console his uncle recently sent from abroad. The room had taken a new turn as I noticed he had upgraded it with more fancy gadget and changed the position of some furniture. "Guy how far" I greeted still staring at various objects. Richard barely tilted his head as the game obviously had all his attention. "Ah David what's up" he mindlessly said. I drew closer to him to have a clearer view of his activity "wow is this the almighty play station 4?" I asked with my eyes bulging out "yes man. The latest in town" Richard said with pride written all over his face. I squated and took a careful look at it. I was amazed at such dexterity the white men possessed to be able to put something like this together. Some minutes later I was the one in charge of the console and Richard took heed in his phone as he laid on the bed. "Hmmm David you be bad guy o". Richard said without taking his eyes off his mobile phone. "Yes I know men. I can beat anybody at this game" I hastily replied still soaked in my video game. "No not the video game. Am referring to Jane, I saw you guys on Friday" Richard said. I paused my video game and turned back to have a glimpse of his face "what do you mean?" I asked with a puzzled look "well its just that..............". Before Richard could finish his statement Damilola barged into the room "guys lunch is served "she said without caring if she interrupted anything. "Finally. Thank God, am starving" Richard said and dashed out of the room. The tantalising smell of good food that has been blowing 'shakara' in my nose for the past few minutes was finally served. Without thinking further I dashed out of the room and threaded Richards path............... TO BE CONTINUED.....

No comments:

Post a Comment